the world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - Saint Augustine

Sunday, February 17, 2013

showgirl.

for me music is the answer to most things!
So you can guess that when I thought to myself 'what should I do on my last night in this awesome city?' that 'go to a show!' popped into my head. No, not a ballet at the infamous Bolshoi theater although that also sounds nice. I was thinking something more along the lines of a Bjork meets Russia kinda show. 
Having read that Kira Lao was the "Bjork of Russia" and thoroughly loving her tunes on her soundcloud I took it as a sign when I found out she was playing during my visit.
So there that's what i'll do on my last night.
Score! It was awesome. I considered myself to have made excellent use of my last few rubles.
"Kira Lao's music is a car driving through a dark forest, with Bjork and Thom Yorke sitting in the back seat and Kira Lao behind the wheel."
I couldn't quite picture the car, but she does put on a kick ass show! and like the great, Bjork, is extremely unique and amazing in every way. I guess I can picture her and Bjork on a road-trip together. Maybe they're on their way to pick up Thom Yorke!
Here is my favorite:
and another favorite:
OK OK Just 1 more:

I could seriously go on forever...
I love Kira Lao!

No comments:

Post a Comment