It was all a dream. This winter wonderland. Had I really just crossed off a dream destination of mine from the lengthy list? Was I really here in wintry Moscow? I did. I was. Sadly, I was packing up to head back to SVO airport. I was headed home and happy to see all my loves back in NY, but also a bit bummed my happy roaming was coming to an end. I love being a nomad.
not all those who wander are lost
On the walk to "my" metro station (it's still mine for this last ride) I decided to look at my departure on a brighter note. Ya know with a 1/2 full glass. "At least I still have the scenic 35 minute train ride" is what I muttered under my breath. Yay that means i'm still a tourist! Got my camera back out, took a seat and enjoyed the ride.
It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.
The site of this cathedral symbolized the end of the trip as the airport was near. I couldn't have asked for a better last image as a "tourist". Actually, this site actually symbolized a lot more than the end, like an amazing trip.
*
I didn't cross Moscow and Russia off from my dream destination list. I simply placed a check mark next to it for i'll be back for sure! Hopefully, next time for months. I have to see the entire region! All 17,075,400 square kilometers (6,592,800 sq mi) of it.
*
I didn't cross Moscow and Russia off from my dream destination list. I simply placed a check mark next to it for i'll be back for sure! Hopefully, next time for months. I have to see the entire region! All 17,075,400 square kilometers (6,592,800 sq mi) of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment