the world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - Saint Augustine

Sunday, February 17, 2013

lucky.

Somehow I managed to stumble upon everything I wanted to in order to complete my Moscow visit. Call it extensive planning, having maps, the ability to ask for directions without feeling too shy or whatever you'd like, but it was pure luck. 
L.U.C.K.
Which reminds me! Another must-see, (should be filed under the 'nightlife' section of your Moscow City itinerary) should include Lucky Noodle. Lucky Noodle, a cheap Chinese noodle takeaway, is also home to a semi-secret bar. Just look to the right of the counter and you will see a black curtain disguising the entrance to the exclusive flashy cocktail bar, Mendeleev, in the basement. The owners warn that there is strict “face control,” but once inside visitors will be treated to live piano music on weekdays, jazz on Thursdays, and DJs on the weekends. Me, being the :8) I am, was more excited to try the noodles.
Another cool spot is Oldich Dress & Drink.
This rings especially true if you're a vintage shopping guru. I spent more time browsing the hidden basement bar, but did notice some really awesome, unique pieces in the shop. Sadly, though since it was the last day my rubles were dwindling.
I even managed to squeeze another cathedral into the mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment