on the 'lil island" was all that came out of my mouth for approximately 9 months so you could imagine my excitement the morning the day had finally arrived. A 5:00am wake-up call? Not a problem! I was still as excited as a kid would be in a candy store. If only you could have seen me jump up with the first sound of our alarm.
It was a rather long boat-ride, but the sunrise and good company helped to pass the time. With the exception of that moment when we decided to venture to the upper cabin of the boat. Boy was that a terrible idea. Waves = rocky water = people almost flying off 2nd levels = cameras almost becoming wet and damaged = a scared Alyssa! (I swear I was only fearing for my cameras life! I really do love being in the ocean.)
So here we were, finally at Half Moon Caye and I was speechless.
There was really no way to describe the beauty the island possessed. In fact, i'm still searching for the proper adjectives... After leaving our dive tour group and wishing them a safe journey back and begging them to not forget to pick us up the next day we set out to find our land for the night. Once we did, 'X' marked the spot and it was time to set-up camp. Literally.
When that was done and much exploration took place along with many beers drank it was time to admire the sunset and start the cooking! While drinking more Belikin beers of course ;)
There really is nothing more magical than falling asleep on a teeny, tiny island where you and the waves are the only voices in earshot. If I wasn't tired beyond belief I would have stayed up all night to soak in the experience as much as I possible could.
As Dr. Seuss once said, "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
Wise man.
There really is nothing more magical than falling asleep on a teeny, tiny island where you and the waves are the only voices in earshot. If I wasn't tired beyond belief I would have stayed up all night to soak in the experience as much as I possible could.
As Dr. Seuss once said, "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
Wise man.





No comments:
Post a Comment