After 9.someodd hours of flying, complete with 2 glasses paper cups of boxed white wine (not too shabby might I add), 2 stale airplane meals and brief naps from time-to-time Aeroflot Flight #103 was "preparing for our dissent into Moscow City".
Could it really be? Was my dream of visiting the winter wonderland Moscow becomes in the dead of winter coming to a reality?! It was and I couldn't be happier.
I mean, don't get me wrong I know it's going to be cold as f*ck, but nothing a few (hundred) layers couldn't take care of.
Thanks for the well wishes, Sheremetyevo Airport!
I was still a 35 minute Aeroexpress ride from the winter wonderland I had come to visit - the downtown of Moscow City, but the dream had certainly begun. As the train glided through the surrounding suburbs I couldn't help but think 'this place is beautiful'.
Was it too soon? I.don't.think.so.
35 minutes exactly (high five to Aeroexpress for keeping my itinerary on schedule thus far) and there I was in "my neighborhood", Chistye Prudy, for the next few days. Chistye Prudy, which means Clean Ponds looked more like iced over ponds to me... Beautiful, wintry ponds that is.




No comments:
Post a Comment