the world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - Saint Augustine

Thursday, January 3, 2013

heading towards

our last night in Belize...
With that in mind we decided to take on everything Belize had to offer from Point A (Hopkins) to Point B (San Igancio)
First it was that pit-stop at Brooks Restaurant that we promised ourselves for a last "coldest" brew for the ride
Now we were fully charged for the road-trip ahead and all the stops that may spring up along the way.
Like Marie Sharp's for a hot sauce extravaganza! Left that place clanking around with the many hot sauces and natural jams we purchased. (great souvenirs!) and St. Herman's Blue Hole National Park (both the blue hole and cave were amazing!) and the desolate village of Armenia for some roadside tacos. (2 huge @$$ tacos for $2.00USD? I'd be a fatty if I lived here) and i'm sure some many beer stops along the way.
and finally....
Lower Dover is truly a place like no other. I mean where else are you greeted not only by the owner, but all of the cute farm animals as well. (Sidenote: I love sheep! For anyone who doesn't already know) and then taken on a tour of the entire property, which is  HUGE? I mean what other accommodations even have an archeology site and countless medicinal herbs throughout the 2 miles of nature trails? At least not one that I've ever stayed at. So here we were our last night in BZ and instead of being tired and ready for home we were ready to learn about the Mayan site and all of the diseases curable by plants on the premise. We were also ready to eat and mingle with the other guests. Pen was ready to drink beer and play darts ;)
It was a late, but very fun night. One of those nights that you don't even mind walking in the heavy rain umbrella-less (my favorite kinda night).
Lower Dover is more than just a place to rest your head for the night. It is a place where you learn about yourself and how you wish to better your health. I can thank Madeline for introducing me to The China Study. I have a feeling this book is a life-changer.

No comments:

Post a Comment