the world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - Saint Augustine

Saturday, September 14, 2013

antsy!

Was it ants in my pants? Nahhhh. More like Guate on the brain.
We boarded our crack of dawn flight and I immediately slid to the edge of my seat. I had originally planned to sleep, but the excitement had already taken over. We were so close yet so far away.
I couldn't freaking wait!
Taca Airlines, which bares a great resemblance to a NYC lounge  
#fancyschmancy

After a few hours we had finally reached my favorite region of the world, Central America. Not quite Guatemala yet, but this only meant one thing - we.were.that.much.closer.
Just a short connection in El Salvador and we set sail through the beautiful sky once again.
Sidenote: I'd like to come back as a cloud in my next life.
After a quick ride, a smooth landing and a lot of clapping we had landed.
We were officially in Guatemala!
That's when I realized that this was really happening! I was really back in Guate for my 8th (or is it 9th?) time and I was just as excited as if it were the 1st.
We still had a quasi road-trip to Antigua, but I didn't care for we were already in my second home.

No comments:

Post a Comment