Izmaylovo Market!
No actually I do. I love it with my whole market-loving heart.
For those of you that didn't have to hear me go on-and-on about this place prior to my trip, Izmaylovo market is a large open air market situated near Izmaylovsky Park. It is THE spot for all your souvenir needs.
Looking for the perfect matryoshka doll for your mom?
Can't seem to find a fur hat big enough for your sister or crazy uncle?
Want to score some genuine Soviet artifacts for all the history-lovers in your life?
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions than Izmaylovo Market should be on your list. I'd even bump it to the top. It's more than just a market - it's an experience. A very chaotic and cold (after all it is outdoors), but extremely inexpensive and totally worth the trek.
Heck you can even warm up over carted liquor!
Wish I could tell you what exactly it entails, but I have absolutely no clue. I can tell you though that it did look warm and it comes to you. How convenient!
I'm going to be stereotypical for a moment and say it's probably a Russian vodka...
Alone and bored? Well Izmaylovo Market can still be your place!
There are so many vendors you can be conversating with! Need a good ice-breaker? Hows about, "excuse me, how much is this?" Next thing you know your ear is being chewed off by a crazy vendor man. It works like a charm! Lucky for me I wasn't alone. Anastaciya, a cool buddy I had made prior to my trip via the wonderful TravBuddy site had decided to join me. Together we roamed the aisles of the market, chatting away, filling up on souvenirs and just having fun.
Thanks for hanging, Anastaciya!! :)
When you're all said and done with the market and had it up to your eye balls with souvenir shopping, fur hats, nesting dolls and all the other knick-knacks do NOT leave the premise. I repeat do NOT leave.
There is a whole other world to see.
Not to be confused with the real Kremlin, which is far less colorful. I liked this Kremlin better. In my eyes this was the real Kremlin. And wadda'ya know another wedding! *This couple was by far my favorite though. There was something very special about them. Wishing them a lifetime of happiness XO*
If I haven't sold you yet on the (imposter) Kremlin than how about if I told you there was a History of Vodka Museum??
Gotcha!
Knew that would work...








No comments:
Post a Comment